How to keep you and yours safe from the perils of the modern world.
In today's increasingly hostile climate people are anxious about how to keep themselves safe. Chris Ryan is an expert in dangerous situations and here he tells you how to keep yourself and your family safe from the perils of modern urban life. He leads you through a variety of situations including what to do if:
- You are walking down the street and think you are being followed
- You find yourself confronted by a threatening group of people or a gang
- You find yourself caught in the middle of a riot
- You hear gunfire or explosions in a crowed place (eg shopping centre)
- You hear on the radio that Russia has launched nuclear missiles that will land in the centre of London in two hours.
Former SAS corporal and the only man to escape death or capture during the Bravo Two Zero operation in the 1991 Gulf War, Chris Ryan turned to writing thrillers to tell the stories the Official Secrets Act stops him putting in his non-fiction. His novels have gone on to inspire the Sky One series Strike Back.
Born near Newcastle in 1961, Chris Ryan joined the SAS in 1984. During his ten years there he was involved in overt and covert operations and was also sniper team commander of the anti-terrorist team. During the Gulf War, Chris Ryan was the only member of an eight-man unit to escape from Iraq, where three colleagues were killed and four captured. It was the longest escape and evasion in the history of the SAS. For this he was awarded the Military Medal.
He wrote about his experiences in the bestseller The One That Got Away, which was adapted for screen, and since then has written three other works of non-fiction, over twenty bestselling novels and a series of childrens' books.