The nation's favourite doctor, Dr Ranj, is here to explain everything a boy needs to know to grow up happy, healthy and confident.
The nation's favourite doctor, Dr Ranj, is here to explain everything you ever wanted to know about puberty - plus lots more.
What does it mean to be a boy? And I'm not just talking about what you have between your legs, but what life is really like for boys. Growing up is a real minefield! So I've put everything I've learned both from my career as an NHS doctor and my own life experiences into this twenty-first century guide to being a boy.
It covers the obvious things like the physical changes you'll go through during puberty and adolescence (hello, pubic hair and voice breaking!), but also helps you to figure out how to manage your emotions, deal with friends and family and learn about healthy relationships.
Filled with easy-to-understand explanations, down-to-earth advice and cheeky illustrations, this growing-up guide by trusted paediatrician Dr Ranj is perfect for readers aged 10+ who want to discover the confidence to be the very best version of themselves.
- Puberty and physical development, including genital, skin, hair and voice changes
- Looking after your body, from shaving, good hygiene and healthy eating to body confidence and exercise
- Mental health awareness, including the importance of sleep, managing mood swings and anxiety
- Managing relationships, from parents and siblings to friends and crushes, and how to cope with bullying
- A sensitive, age-appropriate introduction to sex, consent and privacy
- Navigating the online world, including social media and cybersafety
Dr Ranj Singh is an NHS paediatrician and one of the resident doctors on ITV's This Morning. He also co-created the BAFTA-award-winning CBeebies series Get Well Soon, and co-presents ITV's prime-time Save Money Lose Weight.
Ranj was a hugely popular contestant on 2018's Strictly Come Dancing. Off-air, his work can be found in numerous magazines and on websites where he gives expert opinion and advice on a range of physical and mental health matters.