Get to know this up-and-coming city with Moon Pittsburgh's expert tips and insider's perspective
Pittsburgh is a city of reinvention; it's come a long way from its blue-collar past. Learn what it means to be a Yinzer with Moon Pittsburgh.
* Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with maps that make it easy to find what you want to do and where you need to be
* See the Sights: Take the incline (half train, half elevator) up Mount Washington or see the city by kayak along any of its three rivers. Marvel at the dinosaurs at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, or avant-garde art at the Andy Warhol Museum. Visit Heinz Field (home of the Steelers and the Pirates) or enjoy an IC Light at a neighborhood bar and talk about the latest game
* Get a Taste of the City: Try the famously giant Primantis sandwiches or church-made pierogies for a taste of traditional Pittsburgh, or dine at trendy new eateries all over the city
* Bars and Nightlife: Visit hip speakeasies or sample the city's craft breweries: either way, it's an excellent (and delicious) evening
* Trusted Advice: Born and bred Pittsburgher Emily B. King shares her expertise on her beloved hometown
* Itineraries and Day Trips: All accessible by bus, train, or public transit. Discover the city with itineraries like "The Best of Pittsburgh in Three Days," "Lets Play! Pittsburgh with Kids," and "Pittsburgh for the History Buff"
* Useful Photos and Detailed Maps
* Handy Tools: Background information on the landscape, history, and culture of Pittsburgh, packaged in a book slim enough to tuck into that brand-new Steelers sweater With Moon Pittsburgh's practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Looking to experience more of America's city life? Try Moon Boston or Moon Seattle. Exploring the area? Check out Moon Philadelphia or Moon Pennsylvania.