Maui local Greg Archer shares his insider perspective on one of Hawaii's most popular islands in this full-colourguide
Endless stretches of golden sand, legendary surf, and epic outdoor experiences: Discover the true spirit of aloha with MOON MAUI. Inside you'll find:
* Flexible itineraries, from your best day in each region to a ten-day Maui adventure, with coverage of neighbouring islands Moloka'i and Lana'i
* Strategic advice for backpackers, beach-lovers, adventurers, honeymooners, families, wellness-seekers,
* Outdoor adventures like kayaking, hiking, and scuba-diving, plus the best beaches for swimming, surfing, and snorkelling
* Top activities and unique experiences: Drive the famous 30-mile Road to Hana or cycle through misty hidden valleys. Hike through thick bamboo forests to thundering waterfalls or to the top of a dormant volcano. Snorkel with giant green sea turtles, learn how to catch the perfect wave, or embark on a whale-watching tour. Soak up the electric energy of Front Street in Lahaina, unwind at a luxurious spa, or relax on the sand and watch the sunset with a mai tai in hand
*The best local flavours: Chow down on fresh fish tacos from a local food truck, savour Polynesian cuisine, and sip coconut porter beer at Hawaii's largest brewery
* Expert insight from Maui local Greg Archer on how to experience the island like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
* Full-colour photos and detailed maps throughout
* Background information on Maui's landscape, history, and cultural customs
* Handy tools including a Hawaiian phrasebook, packing suggestions, and travel tips for international visitors, families with kids, seniors and LGBTQ travellers
With Moon's practical tips and local know-how, you can experience the best of Maui.
Hitting more Hawaiian Islands? Try Moon Big Island of Hawai'i, Moon Kaua'i, and Moon Honolulu & O'ahu. Visiting all of them? Check out Moon Hawaii.