From white-sand beaches to rolling mountain peaks, South Carolina encompasses a wealth of experiences in a small package. Uncover its distinct Southern mystique with Moon South Carolina.
Warm, sultry air, incomparable seafood, and distinctive Southern hospitality: from the creative hub of Charleston to the mossy, laidback Lowcountry, see what sets the Palmetto State apart with Moon South Carolina.
What You'll Find in Moon South Carolina:
* Unique perspective from Jim Morekis on the state that has captivated him since childhood
* Detailed, easy-to-use maps and handy reference photos for navigating independently
* Essential information on accommodations, recreation, and transportation
* Focused coverage of Charleston, Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand, Hilton Head and the Lowcountry, Columbia and the Midlands, Greenville, and the Upstate
* Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of South Carolina, Paths of the Civil War, Child's Play, Fresh Catch, Fore!, Barbecue, Back to Nature, and African American Heritage
* Activities and ideas for every traveler: Wander the charming narrow streets of Charleston, and find the best little watering hole to mingle with the locals. Visit historic Fort Sumter and hear the stories of Civil War battlefields. Take a thrilling whitewater rafting trip, tee off at one of countless golf courses, or explore the cypress swamps at Congaree National Park. Spend a day lounging on the beach and explore rolling sand dunes, then order up a plate of fresh fried catfish or authentic barbecue
* Current background information on the landscape, plants and animals, history, government and politics, and culture
With Moon South Carolina's myriad activities, practical advice, and insider tips, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring more of the city? Try Moon Charleston. Sticking to the coastline? Try Moon Coastal Carolinas.