From the senior White House reporter at the Wall Street Journal, a news-driven, behind-the-scenes account of the Trump reelection campaign which answers the key question: how do you sell a candidate like Trump to the American public-for a second time?
Following in the tradition of Joe McGuiness' The Selling of the President, SELLING TRUMP will focus on the Marketing of the President and the inner workings of the Trump campaign operation. Drawing on fresh interviews with the President, family members, and key campaign advisors, Selling Trump offers a deeply reported account of the improbable but very real political revolution that Trump has wrought, and cover the campaign on multiple tracks, including:
* Unprecedented access to Trump's campaign managers Brad Parscal and Bill Stepien
* New details on how a deadly pandemic complicated an already chaotic political operation
* How much of the future of the Republican Party is tied to Trump?
* Was there any method to the madness or was this all a PR gambit that became unexpectedly successful?
* Will the President allow himself or his message to be "managed?"
* How will Trump "brand" and attack "Sleepy" Joe Biden?
SELLING TRUMP is the story of the Trump re-election plan, such as it is drawn up or improvised, and how a mercurial candidate with a rogue's gallery of supporters and hangers on, made a clear effort to gin up their own turnout and suppress the Democratic base. Win or lose, the story of Trump's re-election is sure to be the most unconventional, fascinating, and often disturbing campaign in modern political history.