Chicago travel writer Rebecca Holland shares her expert perspective on the Windy City, guiding you on a memorable and unique experience
Experience the Life of the City with Moon Travel Guides!
MOON CHICAGO reveals the city's perfect mixture of cosmopolitan culture and Midwestern charm. * Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps, or follow turn-by-turn directions for a guided walk through each neighborhood
* See the Sights: Relax with the manta rays at Shedd Aquarium, listen to live music at Millenium Park, or take in some modern sculpture at the Art Institute. Venture onto the glass skydeck of the 110-story Willis Tower, or take a river tour of Chicago's historic architecture. Ride the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel, cheer on the Cubs at Wrigley Field, or grab a picnic basket, kick off your shoes, and watch the waves on Lake Michigan
* Get a Taste of the City: Sample Chicago beef at a classic steakhouse, or pick from dozens of high-end farm-to-table restaurants (but don't forget to try the deep dish pizza!)
* Bars and Nightlife: Kick back at an authentic speakeasy before taking in a jazz show, or visit the famous Second City improv comedy club, where many of Saturday Night Live's stars got their start
* Trusted Advice: Local journalist and world traveler Rebecca Holland shares the secrets of her favorite city
* Itineraries and Day Trips: All accessible by bus, train, or public transit, including "A Winter Day in Chicago", "Chicago with Kids", and a weeklong "Best of Chicago" plan
* Tips for All Travelers: The best views, people-watching spots, romantic places, international cuisine, and more, plus advice for LGBTQ visitors and families with children
* Maps and Tools: Background information on Chicago's history and culture, as well as full-color photos and an easy-to-read foldout map to use on the go With MOON CHICAGO's practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Looking to experience more world-class cities? Try Moon Boston or Moon Washington DC. Is Chicago just the first stop on a bigger adventure? Check out Moon Route 66 Road Trip.