This first edition guide reveals the best ways to experience this adventurous country, with local favorite spots and practical tips for trekkers
Snow-covered mountains, bustling cities, temperate rainforests, and coastal wineries: get to know this country of contrasts with MOON CHILE. Inside you'll find:
* Flexible itineraries, from two days in Santiago to the two-week best of Chile, including a road trip along the Carretera Austral
* Strategic advice for outdoor adventurers, backpackers, culture and history buffs, foodies, and more
* Outdoor adventures: Race down the ski slopes of the Andes, summit active volcanoes, or catch a thrill whitewater rafting down Rio Futaleufu. Spend the night star-gazing in the Atacama Desert or wander the enigmatic Rapa Nui (Easter Island). Hike through Patagonia's wild national parks and spot wild foxes and Humboldt penguins
* Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps marked with duration, elevation change, and difficulty level
* Local flavours and culture: Explore the trendy restaurants and vibrant nightlife of Santiago or savour the catch of the day at a tiny seaside restaurant. Sip your way through the vineyards of the Casablanca Valley, sample locally-made pisco, or let loose with a terremoto cocktail. Get to know Chile's rich culture and history while strolling through charming historic quarters and visiting UNESCO World Heritage sites
* Insider recommendations from seasoned explorer and Chile expert Steph Dyson on when to go, where to eat, how to get around, and where to stay
* Full-colour photos and detailed maps throughout
* Reliable background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history
* Handy tips for families, seniors, students, and travellers with disabilities
With MOON CHILE's practical tips and insider expertise, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring more of South America? Try Moon Patagonia or Moon Machu Picchu.