Make your way through Oregon's stunning wilderness, eclectic cities, and everything in between with Portland locals Judy Jewell and W.C. McRae.
Discover Oregon with Moon Travel Guides!
Moon Oregon reveals the originality, authenticity, and respect for the great outdoors that define the beautiful Beaver State.
Inside you'll find: * Strategic itineraries that can adapted for your schedule, whether you're passing through Portland or taking two weeks to see the whole state, including: "Best Bike Rides," "Day Trips from Portland," "The Wine Route," "Touring the Taps," "Oregon for the Birds," "Top Tents and Trails," "Bend and the High Desert," "The Oregon Outback," and "River Running"
* Full color, detailed photos and maps throughout
* Expert insight from Oregon localsJudy Jewell and Bill McRae
* Honest advice on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
* Activities and ideas for every traveler, season, and budget: Catch a performance at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, shop for organic produce at a local farmers market, or sip your way through Oregon's best wineries. Find the top spots for skiing, hiking, and paddle-boarding (even kite-boarding!), soak in a hidden hot spring, and glimpse some of Oregon's wildlife. Stroll through beautiful public parks or an eclectic art show, and discover Portland's laid-back, flannel-clad cool factor over a pint of handcrafted local ale
* Focused coverage of Portland, Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood, the Willamette Valley, the North Coast, Central Coast, and South Coast, Ashland and Southern Oregon, Bend and Central Oregon, and Northeastern and Southeastern Oregon
* Detailed, thorough informationincluding background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
* Recommendations for traveling with kids, international travelers, LGBTQ+ travelers, and visitors with disabilities
With Moon Oregon's practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.
Spending more time in the Beaver State? Try Moon Portland or Moon Coastal Oregon. Hitting the road? Try Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip.