Hachette Australia is the second largest publisher in Australia and part of the Hachette Livre Publishing group.
Just as our authors are important to us so is our staff. We aim for a non-corporate environment which is an enjoyable place to work each day. We go to great lengths to look after our employees, and to give our authors the best publishing experience in the industry.
Working at Hachette Australia not only comes with competitive salaries, and an industry leading bonus plan, other benefits include; summertime working hours, paid parental leave schemes, and training opportunities.
If you are enthusiastic about publishing, hardworking, and looking for a great place to work, then you will enjoy being on our team.
Campaign Executive | Applications Close: 17 January 2020
About the role:
Hachette Australia is seeking an enthusiastic and capable Campaign Executive with a focus on digital marketing to join our Marcomms team. The successful candidate will have a passion for books, reading and culture, demonstrate the ability to multi-task, think laterally, and a desire to be the best in the industry.
In the role the Campaign Executive will be responsible for:
- Managing title specific campaigns for selected new releases
- Provide ongoing support across digital channels
- Providing ongoing support and assistance to the Marketing Manager and Brand Manager
The successful candidate will create effective marketing campaigns for selected local and international titles on a monthly basis:
- Monthly campaign planning, execution and evaluation
- Project managing campaigns within timeframe and budget
- Brief, delegate and work collaboratively with designers and production
- Monitor competitor activity and marketing best practise
- Create innovative, fresh, consumer-facing campaigns to drive sales and build brands
- Trade marketing initiatives
The role will also require supporting the Marketing Manager, Brand Manager in their roles at Hachette Australia:
- Work with the Brand Manager on the administration of brand partnerships
- Work with the Marketing Manager on the administration of media planning and buys
- Actively seek out and implement brand partnerships
- Assist in implementing and maintaining non-title-specific ‘umbrella’ campaigns particularly around key promotional and gifting periods
- Assist in organising external events and promotions such as author events, launches, writers’ festival events, trade conferences etc.
The Campaign Executive will work with Digital Platforms Executive to build owned digital platforms to build, segment and target brand fanbases.
- Creating, scheduling and executing social posts
- Monthly updates to the Hachette Australia website
- Building and scheduling EDMs
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Digital and social media marketing skills
- Budget/Project management skills
- Design skill (use of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, PremierePro)
- Organisational planning
- Strategic capability
- 2-5 years’ relevant work experience in media, publishing or content creation industries
- Experience and skills to strategically build brands, and sales, of key books
- Strong organisational skills and experience
Qualifications: Tertiary marketing qualification desirable but not mandatory
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter by Friday, 17 January 2020.
Marcomms Coordinator | Applications Close: 8 January 2020
Hachette Australia is seeking a Marcomms Coordinator with a passion for books to support their busy marketing and publicity teams in Sydney. The role is primarily responsible for administration for the Marketing and Publicity Department.
The Marcomms Coordinator will report to the Campaign Manager with direct responsibilities to the Head of Publicity. Administration and event attendance will be required.
About the role
Reporting to the Campaign Manager and supporting the publicity department under direction of the Head of Publicity, the Marcomms Coordinator will interact with internal stakeholders such as the Marcomms Director, Marketing Manager, Designer, Marketing Executives, Publicists, Sales and Product department, National Key Accounts Managers. External stakeholders include authors, agents, booksellers, brand partners, digital strategists, and digital suppliers/agencies.
Duties will include:
Marcomms division support
- Maintaining and managing the Marketing Planner in close collaboration with product and sales teams each week
- Manually ensuring target sales quantities are up to date and publication dates are correct each week
- Updating planner information whenever changes come through, keeping information correct at all times.
- Managing Marketing and Publicity’s monthly campaign communications including:
- Collating information, notes and finding images, creating slide decks, project-managing document through the contribution and approvals stages, and circulating to the company
- Communicating timelines for internal communications material to the Marcomms team
- Invoicing and coding for marketing and publicity to make sure we have an up-to-date tool to track our budget
- Minute-taking and agenda circulation for select meetings
- Trade show and conference event support
- Fielding and logging phone requests and advising appropriate publicist or marketer
- Recording, circulating and inputting the department’s design deadlines and tasks for marketing material
- Manually adding all design tasks to the in-house designers WIP, inputting due dates, assigning relevant marketers, and organising all tasks into correct title campaigns
- Helping marketing team to manage these dates and moving timelines for the in-house designer, especially when publication dates move
Digital marketing administration assistance and digital channel content contribution will include:
- Social media scheduling for Hachette Australia Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Creating retailer affiliate links and assets; sharing monthly analytics with the team
- Occasional copywriting and photography
- Assisting the Digital Platform Executive (DPE) to implement the eDM strategy (seven newsletter verticals with up to seven campaigns a month)
- Putting eDM deadlines into the digital and design schedule for the marketer and designer
- Supporting the DPE with proof-reading, building the newsletter and creating links
- Sending out through Adobe Campaign to the relevant audience
- Competition and reading copy program fulfilment
- Supporting marketers in creating competitions and drawing winners
- Updating Asana with competition draw and send dates, and maintaining the master proof spreadsheet with details for reception
- Printing and distributing material for the sales team, marketing collateral for bookstore use and material for conferences/trade shows e.g. posters, shelf talkers, bookmarks, postcards (as required)
- Sorting, and saving media clippings to H drive and pulling quotes from reviews to save to Biblio
- Distributing internal event reports
- Writer’s Festival assistance – including ordering and sending books to panel members, and collating of media packs to send out
- Mailing out books, blads and samplers
- Catalogue planning including:
- Liaising with product for information
- Liaising with designers and printers
- Vista Publicity: updating codes with relevant contacts/ updating mailout info and email bounce backs
- Extracts: Compiling text extracts and images for serials and arranging extract paperwork for publicists to send to media outlets
- Event coordination assistance including taking RSVPs and designing invites
- General departmental assistance including research
- Managing proof distribution from the warehouse
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Project management platform experience
- Social media platforms
- Vista Publicity
- Indesign or similar
- Entry level position
- Experience and skills in administration
- Strong organisational skills and experience in an administrative role
- Some design and social media experience
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about books and reading
- Creatively driven and laterally thinking
- Strong at communication skills
- Organised with demonstrated time management experience
- The desire to be the best in your field
Please send your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com by COB Wednesday 8th January, 2020.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality, and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
Hachette Australia supports the Australian Publishers Association/Copyright Association Cultural Fund’s Publishing Industry Internship Program – please click here for more information and to apply.