Hachette Australia is the second largest publisher in Australia and part of the Hachette Livre Publishing group.
Just as our authors are important to us so is our staff. We aim for a non-corporate environment which is an enjoyable place to work each day. We go to great lengths to look after our employees, and to give our authors the best publishing experience in the industry.
Working at Hachette Australia not only comes with competitive salaries, and an industry leading bonus plan, other benefits include; summertime working hours, paid parental leave schemes, and training opportunities.
If you are enthusiastic about publishing, hardworking, and looking for a great place to work, then you will enjoy being on our team.
Campaign Manager (open now)
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Campaign Manager is accountable for developing, planning and implementing high-impact marketing campaigns to increase sales and awareness for a variety of key brand authors.
- Deliver omni-channel marketing campaigns for select local and international brand titles on a monthly basis to reach relevant targets for profitability and growth and ensure that author and publisher objectives are met.
- Work with key stakeholders (publisher; product, sales, and publicity teams; authors/agents) during the planning phase to ensure that cohesive and strategic marketing efforts are made for each title.
- Ensure all campaign material is delivered on time and to budget.
- Use Consumer Insights to identify, develop and drive long-term growth opportunities.
- Represent the outputs of the marketing department to the wider business and, as required, supply reports, plans and budget analysis.
- Develop cross-promotional partnerships with a wide range of third-party brands, e.g. entertainment, b2b, lifestyle, and non-profit companies.
- Continually audit and review existing brand partnerships for effectiveness and ROI.
- Actively seek out and implement/develop new brand partnerships.
- Work with the sales department to develop unique and creative instore POS and activations.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marketing/Sales Team, develop and execute marketing plans and collateral for the trade.
- Support the Sales Team for key brand initiatives.
- Work closely with the publicity and marketing teams to develop comprehensive online strategies and guidance for key authors.
- Development and growth of community-centric online platforms, including website, eDMs, and relevant social media platforms.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marketing, plan, implement and contribute positively to departmental strategy development and forward planning.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with Hachette UK – work collaboratively with them to deliver global marketing campaigns on key brand authors.
- As required, work with the Head of Marketing and publishers to create effective, innovative pitches to acquire new authors.
- Work closely with third-party agencies, including media buyers, freelance designers and printers, to ensure that they deliver value for money and ROI.
- Competitor analysis and market awareness responsibilities.
- Additional duties as outlined by the Head of Marketing.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the job holder may be directed to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Demonstrable creative ability
- Extensive digital marketing skills
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Business and commercial awareness
- Budget management
- People management
- Media Buying and Programmatic experience a plus
- Passion for books and reading
- Passion for marketing and culture in general
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience post-qualification
- Full range of marketing experience across all marketing disciplines
- Degree in marketing and/or communications
To apply for the Campaign Manager position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 7th of February.
Hachette Australia supports the Australian Publishers Association/Copyright Association Cultural Fund’s Publishing Industry Internship Program – please click here for more information and to apply.