Hachette Australia is the second largest publisher in Australia and part of the Hachette Livre Publishing group.
Just as our authors are important to us so is our staff. We aim for a non-corporate environment, which is an enjoyable place to work each day. We go to great lengths to look after our employees, and to give our authors the best publishing experience in the industry.
Working at Hachette Australia not only comes with competitive salaries, and an industry leading bonus plan, other benefits include; summertime working hours, paid parental leave schemes, and training opportunities.
If you are enthusiastic about publishing, hardworking, and looking for a great place to work, then you will enjoy being on our team.
Hachette Australia is looking for an experienced and highly motivated editor to work in our Australian publishing team across a wide selection of books, including fully illustrated titles.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, and working closely with our in-house publishers, this role combines hands-on editing with project management, and involves all aspects of the editorial process including subject research, author liaison, manuscript development, structural and copy editing, proofreading and writing eye-catching cover copy and metadata.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team and must have strong editorial, organisational and communication skills. The role involves working effectively with production, sales, marketing and publicity teams as well as with our freelance editors, designers, typesetters and proofreaders. A keen eye for detail and the ability to work calmly under pressure are required. A working knowledge of eBook processes and Biblio3 is an advantage.
Hachette Australia is a leading Australian trade publishing house, based in Sydney, and owned by Hachette Livre, one of the world’s largest publishers. We publish high-quality commercial and literary fiction and non-fiction for adults and children across a wide range of subject areas. We are proud to publish some of Australia’s most exciting and bestselling authors including Maxine Beneba Clarke, Natasha Lester, Mark Brandi, Peter FitzSimons and Jessica Townsend.
While this is a full-time role we are open to supporting flexible work arrangements (4 days) for the right candidate. If you are looking for a chance to join our creative and friendly team, please email your résumé with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 11 July.
Hachette Australia is one of Australia’s most successful local publishers and distributors of huge international brand authors including JK Rowling and Stephen King - as well as Pulitzer and Booker Prize winners.
We are looking for a highly motivated office administrator in a newly created role to assist our busy Sydney office and support the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director.
Candidates will need to be highly organised, deadline driven and able to manage a range of priorities across multiple high functioning teams.
This is an exciting role that will make every day different and offer variety. This opportunity will suit you perfectly if you are proactive, energetic and keen to hit the ground running in your next role.
• Manage the day-to-day running of the office including ordering all supplies and equipment and be the general point of contact for staff administrative requests.
• Manage all storage and shared spaces.
• Liaise with internal and external suppliers.
• Actively support the Executive Assistant to the CEO and Managing Director.
• Assist with all internal and some external events.
• Other ad-hoc duties that may arise whilst supporting the business.
• An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a willingness to learn about the publishing industry.
• Proven organisational skills with the ability to work confidently on multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work efficiently and problem solve.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proactive and reliable individual capable of working autonomously.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ideally you will have 2-3 years experience in a similar role and have a 'can do’ attitude and strong work ethic.
If you’re interested in working in a creative environment with an amazing culture and fantastic Sydney CBD location, then please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications for this position close July 12th, 2018.
Spend long winter days and nights being swept up in the drama of history with Pamela Hart's list of must-read Historical Fiction.
Whether it's to escape or embrace the winter - C.J. Duggan has a winter holiday spot for you!