Hachette Australia is the second largest publisher in Australia and part of the Hachette Livre Publishing group.
Just as our authors are important to us so is our staff. We aim for a non-corporate environment which is an enjoyable place to work each day. We go to great lengths to look after our employees, and to give our authors the best publishing experience in the industry.
Working at Hachette Australia not only comes with competitive salaries, and an industry leading bonus plan, other benefits include; summertime working hours, paid parental leave schemes, and training opportunities.
If you are enthusiastic about publishing, hardworking, and looking for a great place to work, then you will enjoy being on our team.
Books, books, glorious books! We are one of Australia’s most successful local publishers and distributors of huge international brand authors as well as Pulitzer and Booker Prize Winners.
In this role, we are looking for a Coordinator to assist our busy international product team. Candidates will need to be highly organised, deadline-driven and able to manage multiple projects with an unwavering eye for detail. And of course – you must love reading!
If you’re interested in working in our great Sydney CBD location and being the first to hear about and read the biggest and best books in the world, then please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications close COB Friday 16th April 2021.
• Produce monthly order forms and source material for the monthly sales cycle
• Coordinate and create supporting material for our monthly title launch and follow up meetings
• Maintain data integrity and pricing on our digital book products
• Coordinate content for conferences
• Provide support to the Product Director and general administrative support to the Product team as required.
• A dynamic, self-motivated and highly-organised individual with a willingness to learn about the publishing industry
• Ability to work confidently on multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to adapt and react quickly to new projects and priorities as well as problem-solve
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Fanatical about grammar, detail and data
• Publishing or bookselling experience is favourable, but not essential
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Hachette Australia employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
Hachette Australia is a registered COVID Safe business.
Thank you to all who applied for our 2020 Summer Paid Internship role. Keep an eye on this page for when we announce 2021 applications are open.
Watch our virtual event for prospective interns and people interested to learn more about working in publishing - available on demand.
You can also read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Hachette Australia supports the Australian Publishers Association/Copyright Association Cultural Fund’s Publishing Industry Internship Program – please click here for more information and to apply.