A concise, introductory guide aimed at those for whom health anxiety (or hypochondria) has become a serious problem, showing how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) can help.
Learn how to control your health anxiety
Health anxiety affects many people across the world - a preoccupation with physical illness that is equally bad for your mental health. This can be worsened in times of global panic about pandemics. This self-help guide explains how health anxiety develops and what keeps it going.
This updated edition gives you clinically proven cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) techniques to help you challenge the way you think and behave, such as:
- What health anxiety is and how it develops
- Physical symptom
- How to spot and challenge thoughts that make you anxious.
- Reducing your focus on illness
- How to spot and challenge thoughts that make you anxious
- Reducing your focus on your body and on illness