'It will stimulate walkers to head for the hills' - Times Educational Supplement
From gentle afternoon strolls to challenging scrambles in remote mountain sanctuaries, this revised and updated guide covers walks in the Scottish highlands. All walks are circular and accessible by road. No rock climbing is involved and the routes, each including a peak over 2000 feet, have been selected by an experienced Scottish walker. All Highland regions are included and each walk can be completed in a day. Maps and information about difficulty rating, type of terrain and conditions in adverse weather is provided.
* All walks are circular and accessible by road
* No rock climbing is involved
* Selected by an experienced Scottish walker
* Each route includes a peak over 2,000 feet
* All Highland regions are included
* All walks can be completed in one day
* Each route has a detailed sketch map and ratings for technical difficulty, type of terrain and conditions in adverse weather
Ralph Storer was born in England but now lives in Edinburgh where he currently lectures in computer studies at Napier University. One of his great passions is for outdoor activities and he is a well known and well respected author of hillwalking guidebooks. He has walked and climbed extensively all over the world, but feels particularly at home in the Scottish Highlands.