A practical and empathetic look at how Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) affects not just those who have been diagnosed, but its devastating impact on families--with strategies and tips for healing.
An estimated 6.2 per cent of the population is believed to suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder--and for each person diagnosed, there are dozens of family members who are affected and overwhelmed by their behaviour. Expert and survivor Julie Hall takes an in-depth look at causes and symptoms, as well as defining traits and behaviours. She dispels misconceptions about narcissism and provides real-life examples from experts, clinicians, and survivors, addressing issues such as:
- Recognising abuse and manipulation
- Handling specific behaviours such as projecting, shaming, and gaslighting
- Dealing with narcissists online
- Dealing with narcissistic parents and spouses
- Navigating narcissism through caretaking, sibling divisions, and parental alienation
Wise, affirming, and practical, THE NARCISSIST IN YOUR LIFE is a supportive, compassionate guide to help adult children, partners, siblings, and others with narcissistically abusive family members end the cycle and find healing.