Generation Alpha, born since 2010, are the most globally connected generation of children ever, posing a huge challenge for parents wondering how to best raise, educate and guide their children in an era of such rapid change.
Generation Alpha, born since 2010, are the most globally connected generation of children ever. This poses a huge challenge for parents wondering how to best raise, educate and guide their children in an era of such rapid change.
Are these kids spending too much time on screens and what are the ramifications? To what degree will they be influenced by global trends? How do we prepare them for a world where they will live longer, work later and will be more formally educated and materially endowed than ever before?
In writing this book, internationally renowned social researchers Mark McCrindle and Ashley Fell explore the insights they have collected through meticulous research and interviews with children, parents, teachers, business leaders, marketers and health professionals. They offer parents, educators and the business sector everything they need to know about Generation Alpha, the term Mark coined, including advice and guidance on:
* Understanding and empowering this generation
* The significance of technology in their lives
* Getting education right at school and beyond
* Understanding the future of work
* Understanding their consumer habits and their role as influencers
* Where and how this generation will live as adults
* The importance of wellbeing to Generation Alpha
* What their future looks like and how they can help to shape it
Generation Alpha provides the insights and answers we are all are looking for to help this open, confident and hopeful group of children thrive and shape the future.