1. In Winter, if it's wet, you don't have to worry about soggy clothes and being uncomfortable.
2. Book characters don't judge you if you don't look your best for a day of reading - no need to put on makeup or have every hair in place.
3. You don't have to talk to REAL people. We all know readers come in many shapes and personalities, and for those of us who fall into the Introvert category, reading is the perfect kind of downtime to recharge.
4. Pyjamas. All day. And of course, your fluffy Date A Book socks!
5. Proximity to snacks - you don't have to go very far to get your snack on. Plus no-one is going to be there to judge your snack choices.
6. You can set the mood however you like - light and bright, loud, dark, quiet, YOU GET TO CHOOSE.
7. Guaranteed stimulating conversation . . . with the characters in your book! Sometimes we much rather chat with our witty (fictional) besties.
Inej in Leigh Bardugo's Six of Crows Source: http://www.yainterrobang.com/six-of-crows-quotes/
8. You can keep your furry best friend with you at all times. No ‘animals not allowed’ signs in your bedroom!
9. Candles. The perfect mood lighting and the perfect way to set a scene with a scent rather than being stuck with weird smells in public places. (We highly recommend the woodwick candles to get that crackling fire sound along with the perfect scent for your mood)
10. NO INTERRUPTIONS. Reading in a coffee shop can be great for our caffeine habit, and reading on our bus commute keeps us sane. But we can all agree that total solitude is key, nay it is NECESSARY, for that final chapter!
If you want to learn more about how you can join The Bed Sock Book Club, where to find socks and what you can win, click here!