The healthy way to increase your energy, improve your mood, sharpen your mind, relax and beat stress.
Do you like to relax with alcohol or cigarettes Do you use caffeine or something stronger to give you a buzz Do you want to be 'high' - and stay healthy In this groundbreaking book you will discover new ways to stay happy, relaxed or 'high' using safe, natural and non-addictive substances. Patrick Holford, a leading expert on mental health and nutrition, and eminent psychiatrist and specialist in integrative medicine, Dr Hyla Cass show you how. Discover:
* Natural blues busters such as St John's Wort and 5HTP to help you reduce depression and anxiety
* Non-addictive ways to get an energy boot without resorting to caffeine or nicotine
* Safe and effective alternatives to prescription drugs such as Prozac and Valium
* How to reduce stress and anxiety naturally
* Natural (and legal) alternatives to recreational drugs
* Remedies and techniques to help you to reach a state of inner peace
Patrick Holford is founder of the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London. He is also director of the Food for the Brain Foundation and an honorary fellow of the British Association of Nutritional Therapy. He is one of Britain's top nutrition experts and is the author of over 25 health books.