This inspiring book chronicles the most influential ideas that have shaped industrial and product design
A concise and accessible pocket guide to the forces that have shaped design.
Written by two experts on modern design, 100 Ideas that Changed Design chronicles the most influential ideas that have shaped industrial and product design. From the origins of modern design in the craft movements of the 19th and early 20th century, and the changes brought about by mass production, the book traces the most important ideas in design through the modern movement and post-war consumer society to more recent ideas such as Open-Source Design and Biomimicry.
• Provides a compelling look at the ideas that have changed design over the last 100 years
• Compiled as a mix of beautiful images and information text, this book covers the history of design in an innovative way
• Visually led book, packed with beautiful images, introducing design history in a deservedly visual way
• Concise edition from the bestselling 100 Ideas series
• The perfect gift for designers and general readers alike
Explore more books in the 100 Ideas series:
- 100 Ideas that Changed Architecture
- 100 Ideas that Changed Art
- 100 Ideas that Changed Fashion
- 100 Ideas that Changed Film
- 100 Ideas that Changed Graphic Design
- 100 Ideas that Changed Photography
Charlotte and Peter Fiell are the authors of over 20 books on design and the visual arts, including The Story of Design, Designing the 21st Century and the bestselling 1000 Chairs.