The author of the bestselling CELEBRATION OF DISCIPLINE explores the great traditions of Christian spirituality and their role in spiritual renewal today.
'I recommend Streams of Living Water everywhere I go. My own personal copy is dog-eared, underlined and annotated by hand. Anyone with a heart for Christian unity should read and celebrate the message of this book. I consider it to be a seminal title for our time' - Pete Greig In this landmark work, Richard Foster examines the 'streams of living water' - the six dimensions of faith and practice - that have defined Christian tradition around the world and down the centuries. In this inspiring book he looks at:
- the Contemplative tradition - or the prayer-filled life
- the Holiness tradition - or the virtuous life
- the Charismatic tradition - or the Spirit-empowered life
- the Social Justice tradition - or the compassionate life
- the Evangelical tradition - or the word-centred life
- the Incarnational tradition - or the sacramental life
Foster's celebration of the spiritual life incorporates history's most significant Christian figures and movements and argues for a rich, well-rounded faith, free of constricting labels.
'A book that will make you adore God' - Dallas Willard