The bestselling guide to Yosemite, Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon offers top outdoor activities and varied itineraries for these popular parks
Explore granite domes, thundering waterfalls, and towering trees: Moon Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon reveals the best of these stunning national parks. Inside you'll find:
* Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas for day hikers, winter visitors, families with kids, campers, and more
* The Best Hikes in Each Park: Detailed hike descriptions, individual trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
* Experience the Outdoors: Ride the open-air tram through Yosemite Valley or hike downhill from Glacier Point past roaring waterfalls. Drive the legendary Generals Highway or take a scenic bike ride to pristine lakes (and yes, more waterfalls!). Go for a horse-drawn wagon ride on a history tour or take a rock-climbing lesson. Walk among the goliaths of Sequoia's Giant Forest and stop at a historic lodge for dinner and a well-deserved drink
* How to Get There: Up-to-date information on traveling between the parks, gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
* Where to Stay: From campgrounds and rustic lodges to the majestic Ahwahnee, find the best spots to kick back, both inside and outside the parks
* Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
* Expertise and Know-How from seasoned explorer and outdoor expert Ann Marie Brown
Find your adventure in Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon national parks with Moon.
Visiting more of North America's incredible national parks? Try Moon USA National Parks or Moon Death Valley National Park. Hitting the road? Try Moon Northern California Road Trips.