Not since School House Rock has such a clever, highly relevant, and easy to understand explanation of the Constitution of the United States been created specifically for kids aged 8-12 to understand how our government really works.
The Constitution is one of the most important documents you've probably have never read. What Does the Constitution Say? breaks down this guidebook to American democracy with fun facts, cool illustrations, and even hilarious jokes to help you understand how our government really works.
Written more than 230 years ago, the Constitution can be hard to understand, even for adults. But it also gives you the info you need to make our country the best it can be.
What Does the Constitution Say? takes you on a tour of the whole Constitution while explaining what all of its fancy words really mean. From the Preamble to the 7 Articles to the 27 Amendments (so far), this fun-to-read guide is packed with bite-sized pieces of info, historic quotes, and graphics on important topics such as:
* Why the Constitution is a "living document"
* How the first attempt at a constitution (the Articles of Confederation) failed
* What powers the president does (and doesn't) have
* Key figures like James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and George Washington
* A bonus section on the Declaration of Independence* And so much more!
Written with wit and humor, What Does the Constitution Say? will educate and empower you to know your rights, be an informed citizen of your community and country, and one day become an effective voter.