Do you want a solid foundation to your English studies?
If you are looking for a solid foundation to your language studies for school, work or travel, this engaging course will get you speaking, writing, reading and understanding English in no time. Through authentic conversations, clear language presentations, and extensive practice and review, you will learn the English you need to communicate naturally in everyday situations - from booking a hotel room to talking about friends and family.
What will I learn?
The course focuses on American English but offers British alternatives. Basic English is slowly and carefully introduced to ensure you progress confidently through the course and build up a foundation to allow you to feel confident in everyday situations and move to the next level of your learning. It teaches grammar, vocabulary and listening, reading, writing, speaking and pronunciation skills. By the end of the course you will reach a solid Novice High proficiency level of ACTFL (The American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and A2 Beginner level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) guidelines.
Is this course for me?
Get Started in English is for absolute and false beginners of English. Clear and simple explanations make the course appropriate and accessible to anyone learning English. There are extensive illustrations to support the learner working on his or her own. This course is also ideal to use with one-to-one tutoring and as a classroom course.
What do I get?
This enhanced eBook has a learner-centred approach that incorporates the following features:
- 10 units of learning content - covering everyday topics from booking a hotel room to talking about friends and family
- Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns yourself to make the language stick
- Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
- Vocabulary building - thematic lists and activities to help you learn vocabulary quickly
- Test yourself - see and track your own progress
- Native speaker audio - integrated within the eBook
- Free, downloadable audio transcripts and vocabulary and language reference lists
Where do I go next?
If you want to advance your English, our Complete English as a Foreign Language course (9781473601581) will take you to an intermediate level of English.
If you want to practice your speaking and listening skills, Get Talking and Keep Talking English (9781444193152) is the perfect audio course. It is available in English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese instruction.**If you are looking for a British English course, you can try Get Starte