A warm, wise and practical book of mental wellbeing techniques and exercises that everyone should read.
'Emma has a unique way of cutting through to the heart of the issues we all face day-in-day-out. There isn't another book out there like this and it should be a mandatory read for anyone with a brain.' - Anna Whitehouse, founder of Mother Pukka
In this warm, wise book, clinical psychologist Dr Emma Hepburn (Instagram's @thepsychologymum) introduces her proven and practical tools for taking care of your mental and emotional wellbeing every day.
Using her trademark illustrations, Dr Hepburn (aka @thepsychologymum) shines a welcome ray of light into the neglected corners of your brain. From identifying what triggers unhappy thoughts to overcoming the fear of making mistakes, A Toolkit for Modern Life will help you to cultivate positive habits and feel more confident, happier and in tune with yourself.
* Call out and manage feelings of imposter syndrome
* Answer back to your inner critic
* Become aware of and monitor your emotional capacity
* Spot unhelpful thoughts and develop more helpful patterns of thinking
* Understand how the emotions cycle affects you
* Identify what triggers anxiety for you and how to intercept it
* Overcome the fear of making mistakes
* Spot and call out your 'catastrophizing'
* Identify and disarm social media comparisons
* Align your decisions and actions with your core values
* Assemble your own mental health toolkit for life
In a world of white noise it is often hard to hear - or even find - the mental health support you need. Emma has a unique way of cutting through to the heart of the issues we all face day-in-day-out. There isn't another book out there like this and it should be a mandatory read for anyone with a brain.
Emma helped me understand my own thoughts in a way that resulted in me becoming much more compassionate towards myself. She makes hard scary things feel simpler, and for that I thank her enormously. Her incredible book is going to do the same for so many people. Read this book, feel better, then pass it on.
This is a fabulous book for anyone who struggles with feeling guilty and overwhelmed by life. It will help you learn how to deal with those emotions in a positive and practical way and in turn be much kinder to yourself.
Emma is relatable, practical and knowledgeable - making her the perfect guide to help you navigate life whilst safeguarding your mental health.
Emma has an amazing talent for making evidence-based psychology easy to understand and simple to put into practice.
Warm, fun, accessible and important. If you want to understand yourself on a serious level and enjoy yourself at the same time, this is the book for you.