The most ridiculous emergency calls
Most people understand that what an emergency is and only call out the police, fire brigade or ambulance when they really need to. However, there is a weird minority who will dial 911 if they lose their keys, if their phone isn't working, if they need a lift home from a party or even if they have become hopelessly trapped in their own duvet!
This hilarious collection of true stories brings together some of the world's most ridiculous emergency calls, including:
- The woman who called the police because MacDonalds was out of Chicken Mcnuggets.
- The priest who dialed 999 because WHSmiths at Manchester Airporte wouldn't let him use their toilet
- The boy who called an ambulance because his poodle was looking sad.
- The man whose watch read the same time for three hours who called the police to report that...wait for it...time was standing still
- Then there was the man who had taken too much viagra...