This book looks at how to cope with anger and aggression, mainly from other people, but also your own.
Aggression is a complex issue, not least because what one person sees as an acceptable form of expressing anger or frustration may be seen by others as an aggressive act. This practical book explores the difference between positive and pathological expressions of anger, and explains how to transform your approach to dealing with aggression, both yours and other people s. Packed full of strategies for handling relations with others, it will help transform your dealings with aggressors as you go about everyday life.
Topics discussed include:
- the nature of anger
- passive aggression and how to recognise it
- covert aggression
- open aggression and outright hostility
- cyber and online bullying
- useful conversational gambits
- empathy and why our culture needs it