Oregon locals W. C. McRae and Judy Jewell share the best of their home state's coast in the only standalone guide to the region
Observe mighty forces of nature, hike coastal cliffs, and savour a moment of solitude with Moon Coastal Oregon. Inside you'll find:
* Flexible, strategic itineraries, from seaside weekend getaways to a 10-day road trip along U.S. 101, with lists of the best off-the-radar beaches, campsites, fishing spots, photo ops, and much more
* The top activities and unique experiences: Scan the ocean for spouting whales or gaze at free-swimming sharks from inside the underwater tunnel at Oregon Coast Aquarium. Admire local art in Astoria's galleries, learn to blow glass Lincoln City, or soak in the sounds of a music festival in summer
* Outdoor adventures: Wander along the stack-speckled shoreline of Cannon Beach, admire the endless horizon from the top of a lighthouse, or hike across vast sand dunes. Set up camp in a yurt near shipwrecks, sand spits, or redwood forests. Explore any of the 80 state parks that line the coast, try your hand at sandboarding, or take an exhilarating jet-boat tour through Rogue River
* Local flavours: Sample award-winning cheddar cheese in Tillamook, slurp fresh-shucked oysters, or enjoy organic produce at a county farmers market. Kick back at a brewery with ocean views for traditional Northwest IPAs, light saisons, and sour wild yeast beers
* Expert insight from Oregon locals Judy Jewell and W.C. McRae on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from quaint coastal B&Bs to campgrounds in the redwoods
* Full-colour photos and detailed maps throughout
* Thorough background on the landscape, plants and animals, climate, and local culture
With Moon Coastal Oregon's practical tips and local insight, you can experience the best of this unique region.
Hitting the road? Try Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip. Exploring more of the Beaver State? Try Moon Oregon.