Outdoors expert Tom Stienstra provides coverage of the best camping in the state, including the Oregon Coast, Portland, and the Columbia River Gorge
Moon Travel Guides: Your Adventure Starts Here
Grab your sleeping bag, pack the car, and discover the best spots to pitch your tent with Moon Oregon Camping.
Inside Moon Oregon Camping you'll find:* A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds and RV parks, from family-friendly car camping to secluded hike-ins, including dog-friendly and wheelchair accessible options
* Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated on a scenic scale and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
* Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, white water rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
* Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
* Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra is always on the move, having travelled more than a million miles across Washington, Oregon, and California over the past 25 years
* Tips and Tools: Essentials like equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, as well as background information on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
* Coverage of the Whole State: Moon Oregon Camping covers Portland and the Willamette Valley, the Southern Cascades, the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood, Northeastern and Southeastern Oregon, and the Oregon Coast Whether you're a veteran or camping for the first time, Moon's comprehensive coverage and trusted advice will have you ready to head out on your next adventure.
Camping beyond Oregon? Try Moon Pacific Northwest Camping. Sticking to the RV? Try Moon West Coast RV Camping.