Teen troubles are tricky to solve but help is at hand with this fantastic Teen Life Confidential Guide. Written for teenagers, they give invaluable advice about difficult issues. Queen Bees, Drama Queens and Cliquey Teens looks at girl friendships - who your friends are, how to cope with bullying behaviour, how to build your confidence and self-esteem, and how to be a better friend y
With queen bees, drama queens and cliquey teens, girl friendships can be tough! Teen Life Confidential is here to help with this guide for teenagers looking for help surviving the friendship game.
Hanging out with your best friends can be awesome, but what happens when things go wrong? Queen Bees, Drama Queens and Cliquey Teens answers your friendship problems and questions and gives advice on everything from how to cope with the bullies and mean girls at school, to how to be a better friend yourself. Written by experienced author Anita Naik, this title explores all aspects of teenage girl friendships and the problems that surround them. We look at what being popular means, the downsides of friendships and what to do when things go wrong.
Includes an '8 Ways to Empower Yourself' guide. Self-esteem and self-confidence are vital when coping with girl friendships and girl bullying, so we've given eight things that the reader can do every day to improve their confidence and build their self esteem.
Each section is accompanied by quotes from real teenagers to give examples of real-life problems that teenagers experience every day. We also feature quizzes to help you to assess your own behaviour and work out what your friendship style is.
- Chapter One: Being popular. What does it means to be popular and who you are friends with right now?
- Chapter Two: The girls who rule school. Here we look at the girls at the top of the class and why they behave the way they do.
- Chapter Three: The downside of friendships. Relational aggression explained and ways to deal with the mean behaviours that arise in girl friendships.
- Chapter Four: What kind of friend are you? Helps readers to assess their own friendship behaviour. We look at the different types of friend and the problems of the behaviours associated with them.
- Chapter Five: When things go wrong. How to cope with friendships that end, or turn nasty.
- Also included is a Help Section that gives details of places to go for further help and guidance, and a glossary explains specific terms to readers.
Anita Naik is a freelance journalist who has written for magazines including GLAMOUR and RED. She was the agony aunt on JUST 17 and the health columnist on CLOSER magazine. She is currently an editor on the Dove Campaign For Real Beauty website, writing about self-esteem issues for teenage girls and their mothers.