1. Bed Socks (obviously). Bonus points if they’re fuzzy or extra long socks.
Pictured: Date A Book free socks available in stores from 29th of May with purchase of select YA titles - pictures here at Better Read Than Dead in Newtown, Sydney.
2. A new book (or an old book if you're re-reading a favourite). You can’t have that perfect night of reading without actual reading material. But feel free to also settle in with an audiobook. You’ll get the same comfort from words!
3. Tea. Ok, this could really be any hot drink, but we believe books and tea go so well together!
4. Snacks. We vote for chocolate – a must have if you’ve picked up an emotional read. Who doesn’t love a bit of chocolate on a cold winter night?
But you can also go for a mix of salty and sweet snacks to cover all cravings. We recommend a popcorn/malteaser mix – it’s a clear winner here for us!
5. Music for background noise or for dramatic moments in the plot (p.s. can you imagine stopping in the middle of an action scene and having search for a song that fits the mood before you could keep reading? That would not be fun!)
Rain is also a very soothing background to reading. If it isn’t raining. play a rain sounds playlist in the background, really sets the right tone and works perfectly if find songs with lyrics distracting while reading.
6. PJs. Because no-one wants to be dressed for their perfect night in. You go for comfy clothes.
7. Snuggly pet who will curl up with you (dog preferred by this Bed Sock Book Club member, but cat is an acceptable substitute).
8. Squidgy cushion for back/head support so you don’t fidget trying to find the right way to sit while reading.
9. What about a roaring fire (or that video of one on Netflix)? Not everyone will have a fireplace available for a night in, but the Netflix version is very addictive!
10. And finally - a cosy blanket! This one is a bit like the bed socks, you can’t go past having a large, super warm blanket. If you want to go all out, you could pick up a snuggie or mermaid tail blanket!
We’re looking forward to putting the above list into action this winter! If you want to learn more about how to join The Bed Sock Book Club, where to find socks and what you can win, click here!
Not like you needed a reason, but we've got them for you anyway!
The woman known to many as PaperFury, an accomplished book reviewer and blogger, tells us how she became a published author.
Author of the bestselling Red Queen series was in Australia, and here's everything she got up to . . .